Friday 11 July 2014

Don't know whether to laugh or cry!

When one writes a book that depends on a reader having some idea of the state of current political intrigue, there is always the risk that events will take a sudden turn that makes a key premise obsolete.

So even before my new novel hits the bookshelves, it has happened to me. I will tell my friends when the big release happens, but today I read in the Guardian, two articles that, although they might make the discerning reader wonder, they are nevertheless very welcome.

The first is the announcement that China is offering new buyers of Electric cars a subsidy of about $7,000 average, but will also waive 10% sales tax.
The second is the signing of a Clean Energy pact by China and the US, the two biggest emitters and the two biggest manufacturers of Clean Energy infrastructure.

Of course the book is still fun to read, and when Obama goes, it is a new ball game. If certain leaders are elected, I could still be on track for the story to unfold as written. I hope not!

Don't know whether to laugh or cry!

Pic :The Guardian.

7 comments:

  1. do let us know when we can line up to purchase your book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not fret, Kathe. You will know. It would make a great movie too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly ~ you might recall I have a friend in the industry?

      Delete
    2. I have no idea what the publisher has in store for me, but any friend in the industry is welcome to take a look.
      The new photo is a bit one-eyed, Long-John!

      Delete
  3. I'd be interested to get a copy of your book.

    And I hope the political see-saw comes down in your favour . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When it is available I will let you know the codes etc. Re the political see-saw. If you knew what it's about, you would hope it does not happen, but the current situation makes it look more likely by the day!

      Delete
  4. wow congrats on the book - you have me intriqued. My internet has been really slow, so I must have missed some of your posts - all Telstra's fault of cours.

    ReplyDelete

(leave a message)